Kalendář

<< April 2024 >>
MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Dokument (ID: 4) neexistuje!

Novinky e-mailem

Máte-li zájem o zasílání bulletinu, vyplňte Vaši e-mailovou adresu a v dalším kroku si nastavte o co máte zájem. Později se můžete kdykoliv odhlásit.

*E-mail:

Dokument (ID: 4) neexistuje!


Baroque stone bridge in Bělá

Detail [»]
The first written mention about Bělá nad Radbuzou came from the Kosma chronicle from 1121. Bělá is situated in the foothills of the Bohemia Forest, in the junction of the Radbuza river and the Creek of Bezděkov.
The most significant monument of the town is a stone bridge across the Radbuza river, which is illustrated on sign and flag of the town. The bridge was built thanks to initiation of land owner Anna Marie Terezie Metternich. It was probably built between 1703 and 1723 in accordance with Charles Bridge in Prague and it replaced a former wooden bridge. The construction is composite from eight spans of saint. From the town side on the left, there are archangel Michael, saint John of Nepomuk, saint Antonio of Padova, on the right side Virgin Marry Immaculate, patron of Bohemia saint W3enceslas and saint Erasmus. There is no mention about an origin of these statues in written memories. The bridge was used for personal and goods transport until 1995 but now is used only for pedestrians and bikers.

Second stone bridge in Bělá nad Radbuzou was built in a ford across the Creek of Bezděkov. It is composite from five stone spans. The construction started about 1820, it the age of Wenceslas Koc of Dobrsch, a land owner, but was finished in 1875.

Both bridges are inscribed in a state list of immovable culture monuments.

 

Distance from Domažlice: 29 km

Detail [»]
-
Detail [»]
-
Detail [»]
-